The most confusing question any IT professional or a newbie, who wants to make a career in IT has is which technology to learn, Is it Big Data or AWS (Amazon Web Services)?
Well in today’s world both Big Data & AWS are hot techs in the IT industry, both are evolving day by day. The most important thing to keep in mind is that they both are not competing with each other, but learning these two would definitely stand you out in a crowd.
Being a Big Data engineer, you can churn a humongous data, do a very very complex analysis, dig out the insights or even solve real-time data processing problems in any industry. Earlier to store or process the Big Data, one of the primary requirement was to have your own Hadoop cluster on your own infrastructure or renting few servers from the cloud service providers.
The process of setting up your own Hadoop cluster requires a lot of resources and time as well. These days, all the Big Data tools and solutions are available on AWS and on other cloud service providers as well. Using AWS’s ready to go Big Data tools you can save the time to set-up the Hadoop cluster & can focus on your Big Data analysis.
On the other hand, setting up your own Hadoop cluster gives you the opportunity to know the core concepts of Big Data & Hadoop technology, learning each Big Data tool in depth and also knowing the back-end of the entire Hadoop stack. You can set up Hadoop cluster on your own infrastructure, on AWS’s massive infrastructure or using the hardware of any of the cloud service providers.
Benefits of learning Big Data:
Benefits of learning AWS:
- Ability to handle humongous data sets: petabytes, exabytes, zettabytes..etc
- Performing always-active analysis on complex real-time applications
Personalizing user experience using historical data for making better business decisions
- Gathering data from wide range of data signals in various format and digging out the insights
- Big Data is being used in each & every industry to make better and faster real-time decisions and it has many more use cases
- AWS is the leader in cloud industry & it’s most preferable cloud solution across all the organizations; that makes the high demand of AWS professionals also its top paying job in the current market
- Ability to gain more expertise in the cloud computing & making hot & desirable on the job market
- Ability to migrate existing complex and multi level architecture to AWS
- Designing & deploying quick & highly scalable complex applications on AWS
- Get AWS certified and showcase your expertise, further advance your skills to rapidly evolving AWS services
Learning either Big Data or AWS has its own benefits; the most important thing to know is both would definitely advance your skills, an individual should look for gaining hands-on expertise in either of the two.